California Waste Solutions began its partnership with the city of San Jose in 2002, processing collected material through the city’s residential curbside program.
Now as the City’s lead recycling agency for the Recycle Plus Program, our skilled professionals collect and process materials from more than 160,000 households each week. Find your collection day using the Residential Services Lookup.
Not sure what goes in your recycling bin? Here’s a fast and easy guide:
- Separate materials from each other. (Except plastic bottle caps can stay on plastic bottles.)
- The cleaner and drier, the better.
- Leave items loose, not bagged. Flatten items such as cardboard. Don’t overfill your cart or bin.
- Never put extra garbage in your recycling cart/bin!
- No Household Hazardous Waste in the recycling cart or bin.
- When in doubt, find out! Any items you’re unsure of should go in the garbage cart or bin.
- Print out the handy Recycling Reference Sheet to access from home.
- For items not collected curbside, you can call the Center for the Development of Recycling at San Jose State for help: (408) 924-5453.
AND…..NEED JUNK REMOVAL?
With the City’s pickup service, residents can schedule a pickup for larger items such as mattresses, sofas, refrigerators, and tires to be disposed. For a full list of acceptable items, click here.
Schedule your junk pick up fast and easily using our online form below!
For cart replacement or service related questions, send an email to [email protected] or call 408.213.7800.